AIFA Reading Society is a registered not-for-profit organisation committed to the promotion of a reading culture and the attainment of sustainable educational development across Africa. The Society targets at personal and development growth through the culture of reading. It seeks to provide members and beneficiaries with the necessary tools, skills, information, and resources required to develop a fully integrated mind to unlock the innate potential within them.
The pervasive influence of information and communications technology on urban settings and income inequalities especially in rural areas divert the attention of people from achieving concrete learning. The Society therefore encourages the adoption of deep reading practices and culture among Africans (young and old) through its various projects and activities.
Our core mission is to achieve a sustainable educational development in Africa by promoting and supporting a reading culture.
Our vision is to achieve a world in which a majority of children and adults in Africa can read, write, and have opportunities for a decent education.
- Achieving the promotion and development of a reading culture among individuals.
- Providing underprivileged young people with adequate opportunities to attain their full educational potentials through tutoring and mentoring.
- Increasing balanced education by encouraging equal interests in numeracy, literacy, as well as encouraging a healthy involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Support the works of teachers in schools by rewarding commitment and outstanding leadership in the ﬁeld of learning.
- Supporting the works of teachers in schools by rewarding commitment and outstanding leadership in the field of learning.
- Providing rich learning environments by offering support through the distribution of reading materials, books, educational aids, and the building/support of libraries.
- Encouraging the adoption and imbibing of an excellent reading culture and educational best practices across Africa.